Commonwealth Home Support Program
Our Commonwealth Home Support Program aims to support carers and care relationships. We offer a range of respite services that provide supported activities for older people with care needs, and supports and resources for carers
Services may vary depending on where you live and the kind of assistance you require. They are available in a variety of settings and are tailored to different needs.
There are individual and group respite choices. You may be interested in outings providing low care support for the person you care for. Care may be provided in or away from your home. You may need support with high care needs. Options include:
- Regular care at home by a trained attendant carer.
- Small group community outings for the person with care needs.
- Centre-based day activity programs, including longer day stays.
- Weekend overnight respite with a small group of people with similar care needs.
- Monthly movie club for carers and the person they care for, together with others in similar circumstances.
- Carer-only retreats – a few nights away with a small group.
- Carer education program – gain knowledge and skills to better manage the issues of concern to you.
Read more in the following brochures:
Respite helps you find the balance